Cancellation Policy and Terms & Conditions.
Thank you for booking your holiday with us to stay at hide at St Donats. This is the boring part but please take a couple of minutes to read through our cancellation policy and terms and conditions as they do contain important information that forms part of the contract between you and hide.
Sorry all this is so formal but providing these details prior to your arrival means that you; other hide guests and we all understand our obligations under the holiday contract, hopefully leading to a more enjoyable stay for everybody.
Cancellation policy for all accommodation.
We take a 25% deposit at time of booking. At this point your holiday is considered confirmed and the following cancellation charges come into effect. You are strongly advised to ensure that you have insurance to cover cancellation or curtailment of your holiday. If you wish to cancel your booking you can do so in writing within 14 days from date of booking and receive a refund of any deposit paid (unless you are booking less than 10 weeks prior to arrival). If we do not hear from you within this period you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions. You may cancel your holiday with Hide at any time; however the following fee structure will apply:
|Number of full weeks before arrival that written notification of cancellation is received.||Cancellation charge based on total holiday cost|
|More than 8 weeks but within 14 days of booking*||Refund in full|
|More than 8 weeks||25%|
|6 to 8 weeks||50%|
|4 to 6 weeks||75%|
|Less than 4 weeks||100%|
|Premature termination of stay||100%|
* Our 14 day cooling off period gives you time to read and understand our terms and conditions. Once the 14 days have lapsed you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions. This discretionary cooling off period applies if you are booking 8weeks or more prior to your arrival date. Incomplete payment/cancellation Where the balance of the payment for your holiday has not been paid 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday, we will send you a reminder. If within 10 days of the reminder being sent the balance is still outstanding, hide will be entitled to rescind the agreement, retain the deposit, and then claim against you all losses incurred. In the case of cancellation more than 8 weeks before the commencement of your stay only the deposit will be forfeited. It is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate insurance.
We reserve the right to levy an administration charge of £30 for amendments to your booking arrangements in addition to any other charges applicable. In principle, amendments are not permitted within 4 weeks of your arrival date.
hideCabans terms and conditions & rental:
The rent of a Caban includes the following, in addition to the facilities listed in the welcome pack:
• Rental of accommodation and furnishings, parking, use of water and electric.
We regret all guests need to be above the age of 23.
We regret that No pets are allowed on the site – we can get in touch will local kennels if you wish.
hide Cabans Check-in:
Check-in time is between 4.00pm-8.00pm on the day of arrival. If you think you will be arriving after 8.00pm please contact: Bookings office 01446 794362 (weekdays between 9.30am-4.30pm).
For any urgent needs after 8pm: 07766726317
If you know in advance that you will be arriving after 8pm please let us know.
If you arrive too late to be able to complete the check in procedure with a member of staff we cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury that occurs between time of arrival and completion of the check in procedure. It is your responsibility to report to the main office at hide Pavilion the next morning to complete the check in procedure and to be shown how to use the wood burning stove in your accommodation.
As part of the check-in we will pre-authorisation amount is £100 per unit of accommodation.
The pre-authorisation is a temporary hold of funds on a credit or debit card, so we recommend that a credit card be used.
The pre-authorisation is not a charge and no funds will be debited from your account; however your bank statement may show the pre-authorisation as a pending transaction.
When you give us a credit/debit card, the pre-authorisation guarantees us that the funds are available to pay for any charges incurred during your stay or loss/damage to your accommodation.
Wood Burning Stoves
Wood burning stoves may only be used once whoever is designated to operate the stove has had instruction from a member of staff and has signed our confirmation of instruction and disclaimer form. Operating / lit wood burning stoves are not to be left unattended at any time.
In order to make everyone’s stay at hide enjoyable, all guests are requested to be considerate of others.
Inappropriate or anti-social behaviour may lead to removal from hide without a refund of the rental sum or any part of it.
Please respect your fellow guests’ privacy. Guests are not permitted to play amplified music at any time. After 10.00pm we request that all guests keep noise to a minimum in accommodation areas. At hide the area around hide Pavilion can be used until 11pm.
A. hide can accept no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of your stay.
B. The person who books assumes responsibility for any other guests within his/her party. You and all members of your party are jointly and severally responsible for all loss, damage or injury which may arise, for hide at Donats Ltd. or any third party, as a direct or an indirect consequence of your party’s stay.
C. If your accommodation or equipment is left in a poor condition resulting in additional cleaning, repair or replacement, you may be charged to cover the costs incurred.
Where any cancellation or change to your booking results from force majeure, our liabilities are limited to offering alternative accommodation (where available) or a full refund. We cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change. “Force majeure” means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of hide including, without limitation, an act of God, fire, flood, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war or acts or threat of acts of terrorism.
Should you find you have any complaint during your stay at hide, please notify us immediately and we will do all we can to rectify the problem. Should you remain unsatisfied please notify us in writing within 7 days of the end of your stay.
• It is your responsibility to ensure you and all members of your party are familiar with our terms and conditions.
• It is your responsibility to ensure you and all members of your party are covered by appropriate insurance.
• Although every care is taken in managing the various facilities, such as fire pits and wood burning stoves, hide cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from any misadventure associated with any activity.
• The optional adventure activities shown within our website by our partner companies are, to different degrees, potentially hazardous in nature and in subscribing to a given activity our guests accept that they have satisfied themselves to and are accepting any risk involved. Any bookings will be on the partner company’s terms and conditions and hide can accept no liability in relation to such activities.
• By completing a booking with hide you agree to observe our guidance and recommendations and take full responsibility for your own safety.
• By completing a booking with hide you and all members of your party are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions.
Please send all correspondence relating to Hide at St Donats Ltd,
Address: Tresilian Wood, St Donats, Llantwit Major Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales CF611ZB
Phone: 01446 794362